Saturday 27 April 2013

Temptation

The dictionary defines Temptation as “the act of tempting or the state of being tempted especially to evil”. We as human beings go through temptation of every form on a daily basis. Some of us control our temptations and some of us let our temptations control us. I find myself in the category of letting temptation control me. What I have learned so far is that, unless you make up your mind and really want to control your temptations, then it will continue to rule you.


As children of God we are supposed to be the rulers of the world, but why are we letting the pleasures of this earth rule us? Many Christians today have given temptation free liberty in their lives, and because of this we are seeing a lot of failed marriages, broken families and even loss of respect for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. How many of us are guilty of the dangers of temptation.

What are we really doing? Where are we going? And most importantly who are we serving? Are we serving ourselves or are we serving Jesus? Now I know learning to control your temptation is no easy task, this I know from experience, but we serve a mighty God and if we just let him take control I think we can get through this.






Image taken from Google



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Beautiful Day. You are special and you matter :)